[UA-discuss] Universal Acceptance now on Wikipedia...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Acceptance

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Wed Jul 8 23:11:33 UTC 2020

Most of the query capacity of authority servers is dedicated to mitigate denial-of-service attacks, and most of them operate at less than 1% of capacity.
That said, I don't know if this also applies to recursive servers of ISPs, so such an advice should come with a warning on how to use the DNS system in this case.

But neither the available capacity or the usage warning would solve the usual issue programmers have with DNS is that DNS is considered slow. That was said to be the main reason for browsers not supporting DANE (DNSSEC-based certificates), so this might be hard to overcome.

Rubens