[UA-discuss] Maybe email addresses and URLs might not matter anymore?

Tex textexin at xencraft.com
Wed Jul 29 00:59:45 UTC 2020

Thanks Jim.

1)      When my bank emails me, they always write, if you don’t trust this email is from the bank, type in the URL. If the URL is not in my language, I have difficulty typing it.

2)      When I am redirected to a site, I often review the URL for security and as a way to establish trust. If it is not in my language, I will be unsure of the correct spelling and whether the site is phony or not. It is not the only test, but it is part of the assurance.

Universal Acceptance is still important when trust is suspect.

Search is not the rationale for UA.

We can agree that for many cases users do not interact with email and URLs. But when they do, native language is important.

tex