[UA-discuss] ICANN new preview website and a chance to inquire about IDN use

Mark Datysgeld mark at governanceprimer.com
Wed May 20 07:36:18 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

ICANN has put up a preview of its new website, which among other things
seeks to be compliant with accessibility guidelines and other must-haves
in this day and age. You can find it here: https://preview.icann.org/

This brought back to my mind a point made by Dusan, that ICANN should
drink its own beverage, and start using IDNs and nGTLDs. While I am not
hopeful they would make that their main domain (out of fear of lack of
UA), they could sure use them for regional outreach campaigns and such.

The current goal on the Feedback portal is to exactly inquire about the
website refresh: https://feedback.icann.org/

I would like to ask the group about its interest in giving them
collective feedback, maybe as a letter, requesting something along these
lines: please use the entire range of domains you enable, to show that
UA is really a priority.

Best regards,

--
Mark W. Datysgeld from Governance Primer [www.markwd.website]
In partnership with AR-TARC and the Brazilian Association of Software Companies (ABES)