[UA-discuss] Community Update on Universal Acceptance Readiness Session, ICANN69 ( 10:30 UTC, 21 October 2020)

Mark W. Datysgeld mark at governanceprimer.com
Sat Oct 24 17:09:31 UTC 2020

I strongly oppose ideas such as those of changing meeting times to accomodate non-regular contributors. When this was done in UA-Measurement, all it accomplished was to make it difficult for the regulars to attend and instead created empty meetings that no one new who supposedly wanted to contribute showed up for.

All working documents from the WGs are already open for comments. Anybody who wants to be a part of the process but can't attend meetings can already comment as extensively as they want on the work being developed. "Surprisingly", it's basically the people who show up for the calls who comment on the documents.

If anybody out there is waiting because meeting times don't align for them, please don't. We need your help right now. This is a lot of hard work. Follow the documents and help us come up with solutions. You'll be welcomed warmly if you show that you are putting in the study needed to move these issues forward.

Regards,
--
Mark W. Datysgeld from Governance Primer [www.markwd.website]
Incoming ICANN GNSO Councilor