[UA-discuss] Boilerplate answers for contracted parties

Mark Datysgeld mark at governanceprimer.com
Thu Nov 18 07:36:31 UTC 2021

Everyone,

On today's GNSO Council meeting, Kurt Pritz raised an interesting
question: we do not provide a set of standard answers for registries and
registrars to respond to their clients when a domain that needs UA fails
to be have their email accepted or a website address fails to be recognized.

Thinking about it, we could actually use that as an outreach mechanism.
Something along the lines of "We are involved in a global effort to
promote the acceptance of all domain names, and ideally you should get
in touch with the website that rejected your email and make them aware
that there is demand for them to support this technology. You can
forward them this link [uasg.tech]" (only a loose idea here).

Something to consider.

Best,

--
Mark W. Datysgeld [markwd.website <https://markwd.website>]
Director at Governance Primer [governanceprimer.com