[UA-EAI] UASG004 - Use Cases.

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Wed May 18 20:53:30 UTC 2016

Dear all.

I’m so excited.  We’ve had the Use Cases for UASG underway for some months and we’ve now got just about everything working.

Attached is an updated copy of the document.

The UASG004 will be updated in the documents section in the next day or so.

You’ll be able to see:

1) We have a variety of domain names:  new, long, ascii.idn, idn.ascii, idn.idn, RTL.ascii, rtl.rtl
2) We have the domain names available for testing in a browser.  The page will display what the address bar should look like.
3) We also support the web page with a /suffix.  [I’m still confused around the arabic.arabic/unicode, so perhaps a bit more work there]
4) We’ve got email working for all our sample sets (except the arabic at arabic.arabic<mailto:arabic at arabic.arabic>) and we can send from these addresses and receive to them.   HUGE Thanks to the folks at Coremail for supporting these.

So, I would very much welcome your trying some of these out and letting me know what you find.

If you find problems or there are permutations that we’ve not included, do let me know about those too.

Once you’ve had a chance to play, we’l turn on an ‘out of office’ response that will tell people what the email fields should look like and we’ll publish and promote more widely.

Don