[UA-EAI] POP/IMAP software that's EAI Ready

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Tue Feb 20 18:27:41 UTC 2018

Mark Svancarek writes:
> Since I am using the gmail webmail client, I am surprised at
> this design, though.

Gmail's webmail client doesn't use IMAP, even indirectly. All of Google's
clients use a different protocol, which AFAICT supports EAI perfectly.

When I looked at Xgenplus about a year ago I found the first bug in about
one minute. So far I've found precisely one Gmail bug in total (and it was
a really obscure one, not related to EAI). So... if there's an interop
problem between Gmail and Xgenplus, I personally am inclined to suspect
that it may not be a Gmail bug.

Arnt