[UA-EAI] UASG014 - Quick Guide to EAI

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Wed Jan 17 08:29:24 UTC 2018

Don Hollander writes:
> When a set of mail applications are bundled under a single
> umbrella, then the operator can do more - and the Transformation
> using an existing Alias is possible.
>
> But, if a mail user is using discrete components, then can you
> reasonably expect them to interact as we suggest transformation?

You can always expect more. You can always demand more. It doesn't
necessarily do anyone any good.

This added expectation is IMO bad. EAI is largely aimed at people who have
a problem with email addresses in the latin alphabet, and this addition is
largely aimed at people who don't. The addition is a loss of focus.

> Are we back to square 1' - having eliminated an algorithmic
> transformation of a non-ascii mailbox name?

Yes.

Arnt