[UA-EAI] UA measurement scope doc

Dmitry Belyavsky beldmit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 06:04:40 UTC 2019

My 2c regarding SSL certificates.

We need to treat SMIME certificates and TLS certificates differently.

Domain names in TLS certificates are stored as A-label, so we need to be
sure
that CAs software allows various domain name as CN (e.g. OpenSSL does not)
and the CN visualization in various OS/browsers/etc fits all the
requirements.

In contrast, there are no implementations of the RFC 8398 support
(SMIME certificates) except for mine. It's reasonable because of RFC 8398
is much younger and there is little interest to SMIME.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 8:26 AM Mark Svancarek (CELA) via UA-EAI <
ua-eai at icann.org> wrote:

> As requested

SY, Dmitry Belyavsky