[vip] FW: ICANN News Alert -- IDN Variant Issues Project: Draft Integrated Issues Report

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Jan 6 14:05:21 UTC 2012

At 11:51 06/01/2012, Dennis Jennings wrote:
>Patrick,
>
>I understand your frustration.
>
>May I suggest that you send your comments on the version of the
>document that you studied to the public comment forum, with an
>introductory note saying that your comments are based on an earlier
>version of the draft and that regrettably you do not have time to
>review the final draft document.
>
>That would be very helpful.
>
>Many thanks
>Dennis

Dennis,

I am not sure this would be helpfull at all. I sent yesterday a
comment on behalf of the IUCG (iucg at ietf.org). It is still not published.

1. this document can be fond at: http://iucg.org/wiki/VIP_IUCG_debate
2. It says that we are presently doing some secretariat work to make
your current version a workable document (Harald's request would help)
3. and analysis work to make it a debatable document since it has not
yet any executive summary.

If this situation persist, IUCG will try to keep publishing documents
and remarks on the VIP issue. I published
http://iucg.org/wiki/VIP_D%C3%A9bate:_Patrik_Falstr%C3%B6m_inputs the
inputs of Patrik Falström.

FYI. The page is http://idna2010.org. In our IUse terminology,
IDNA2010 covers the post-IDNA2008 non-IETF issues, and IDNA2012
resulting common issues.

Best

jfc