[IAG-WHOIS conflicts] IAG-WHOIS Conflicts next meeting and next steps

Eleeza Agopian eleeza.agopian at icann.org
Sat Jan 10 00:32:48 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Thanks to those of you who joined us on Wednesday's first call for the
IAG-WHOIS Conflicts group. The group decided that, moving forward, we will
aim to hold our calls on the first Wednesday of each month. That said,
however, the next available date would be 4 Feb., which may conflict with
some IAG members' and ICANN staff travel plans for attending the ICANN 52
meeting in Singapore. As such, we propose holding our call a week earlier on
28 or 29 January to capture as many members as possible.

To schedule the next meeting, please reply to the following Doodle poll to
determine the best time for this meeting:
<https://doodle.com/iy3r3qpq8mik2fyn> https://doodle.com/iy3r3qpq8mik2fyn. I
will close the Doodle poll on Tuesday, 13 January, close of business here in
LA. After that meeting, we will resume our schedule of meeting on the first
Wednesday of each month starting in March.

The next meeting will primarily be focused on discussing the draft Statement
of Work and proposed charter questions, which are available on our community
wiki page:
<https://community.icann.org/display/WNLCI/WHOIS+and+national+law+conflicts+
IAG+Home>
https://community.icann.org/display/WNLCI/WHOIS+and+national+law+conflicts+I
AG+Home. By now you should have all received an invitation to join
Confluence, our community wiki platform. If you have not, please let me
know. The home page includes the draft statement of work and the proposed
charter questions. Please read through this material for our next call. If
the group comes to a consensus on the statement of work, we'll also focus
our attention on the first charter question and subquestions:

Charter Question 1: Should the Procedure be revised to allow for invocation
prior to contracting?

*         If adopted, how would that alter the contracting process?

*	What parties would be most appropriate to include at this early
stage of the Procedure?

Please also take this time to ensure that your Statement of Interest is
uploaded on the wiki page:
<https://community.icann.org/display/WNLCI/IAG-WHOIS+Conflicts+Team+Composit
ion+and+SOI%27s>
https://community.icann.org/display/WNLCI/IAG-WHOIS+Conflicts+Team+Compositi
on+and+SOI%27s.  Instructions on uploading the SOI are available here:
https://community.icann.org/display/WNLCI/IAG-WHOIS+Conflicts+Team+Compositi
on+and+SOI%27s

Thank you,

Eleeza Agopian