[IAG-WHOIS conflicts] Public comment summary posted

Jamie Hedlund jamie.hedlund at icann.org
Thu Jan 21 22:14:13 UTC 2016

Thanks. See responses in line below.

Jamie Hedlund
VP, Strategic Programs
Global Domains Division
ICANN
+1.202.374.3969 (m)
+1.202.570.7125 (d)
jamie.hedlund at icann.org

From:  Christopher Wilkinson <cw at christopherwilkinson.eu>
Date:  Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 17:01
To:  Jamie Hedlund <jamie.hedlund at icann.org>
Cc:  "whois-iag-volunteers at icann.org" <whois-iag-volunteers at icann.org>
Subject:  Re: [IAG-WHOIS conflicts] Public comment summary posted

Well:

(a)  I have no brief for the 'Statement of Work' which was prepared without
my participation and already introduced significant biases into the IAG,
which I deplore. The first document that the IAG reviewed was the Statement
of Work. Many edits by IAG members were incorporated into the SoW. If you
did not participate it was because you chose not to, not because you were
not given the opportunity.

(b) I real that your staff summary does suggest that Appendix 4 should be
referred to the next GNSO PDP on Whois. I disagree. There are simple issues
here that can be corrected Now. Please indicate which simple issues in your
Appendix 4 can be corrected now, that are within the scope of the IAG¹s
mandate and that are supported by the IAG members.

( c) It is indeed the 'underlying policy' that is flawed. The cure has to be
found in the policy, not in the 'triggers' or such like. The IAG was
established to review the procedure which includes the triggers. It does not
have the authority to revise the policy. That would require initiation of a
GNSO PDP.

CW