[WP1] First comments

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Nov 22 17:53:33 UTC 2015

I have a conflict with today's meeting, but here are a few comments.
I will have more for the meeting on Monday.

Page 10, delineation of the Empowered Community. I think we need to
mention here why the other two ACs are not listed (their own choice
combined with the fact that they are technically appointed by the
Board). Also, do we not need to say that the SSAC and RSSAC are
members of the Empowered Community in their advisory role?

Page 10, item 1 at the bottom. The wording in the footnote below is
more appropriate. "The entity will act as the sole designator, which
has ....".  Saying it takes the form of the sole designator
obfuscated the fact that it will also act on behalf of all 5 (or
whatever) AC/SOs that weld power.

Page 14, if it is envisioned that the Community Forum would EVER be
F2F, 15 days is not sufficient. If we keep 15 days, we need to make
sure we are nowhere referring to it as F2F.

Page 14, step 5, bullet 1. For removal of directors, it is the sole
designator the uses its powers. For the other powers, shouldn't it be
the Empowered Community?

Page 16 and elsewhere, Articles of Incorporation changes also need
approval of the Empowered Community (not just the Designators as
could be implied from Steve's suggestion).

Page 25, procedures to ENSURE that the Interim Board will not be in
ploace for more than 120 days. ENSURE is too strong a word. "with a
target of ensuring" would be fine.

Alan