[WP1] Further comments

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Nov 23 06:39:53 UTC 2015

Page 10: "If fewer than 5 of ICANN's Supporting Organizations and
Advisory Committees agree to participate...". The GAC is unlikely to
say they will participate. Can we not count those who say no? Where
is the modification on what to do if fewer than 5 AC/SO
participate.  If there an absolute minimun that must "participate"?

Articles of incorporation; They are effectively equivalent in impact
to the fundamental Bylaws. Shouldn't the approval level for both the
Board and community be the same? 75% of entire Board. The entire
board (or "all board members") must be explicit because it is
different from almost all other board votes where it is a percentage
of those present. The Annes uses the term "standing directors". I
always thought the terms was "sitting directors"!

Page 22, 1-2 days for Community Forum to discuss Fundamental Bylaw
change may be overkill. Suggest "potentially 1-2 days".

Page 23, Step 5, first bullet:

Page 49: The 2nd Draft Proposal stated it was incorporating the AoC
into the Bylaws. This version just says it is incorporating the
reviews. THIS IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. Has there been any change other
than the title? The text at the bottom of page 50 implies no, and if
so, the Recommendation 9 needs to be re-worded. I note that in Annex
9, the wording is correct.

In particular, the ALAC identified that a commitment to Consumer
Trust was in the AoC (Section 3, not only in relation to a the new
gTLD review) and this was missing in the 2nd draft proposal. It is
still missing.

Annex 3 is still referring to the Sole Member related to the AoI on page 6.

Annex 4, page 16, Step 5 diagram: Type "NOMINATIONG"

Annex 4, Removal of entire Board. No details. Not yet drafted?

Alan