[independent review] Thoughts on Independent Review Panel

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Tue Mar 24 09:00:12 UTC 2015

Colleagues

In a follow up to the excellent discussion yesterday, I want to offer a few
thoughts on next steps:

1)      Given past experience, I think that something more than a Bylaw
amendment is necessary before the transition.  At a minimum, the IRP should
be budgeted and an Administrative Director identified and authorized to
stand up the IRP.  My preference (which may be too ambitious) would be for
the "Chair" of the IRP to also be selected and confirmed as a step toward
creating an effective and functioning body.

2)      I am somewhat concerned that the nature of our discussion yesterday
was happening at two levels - a very high definitional level about
chartering the IRP and a more finely detailed level involving discussion of
the procedural rules we think the IRP must adopt.  My concern is two-fold:
1) the detail of the procedures are not the sort of thing I am used to
seeing in Bylaws; and 2) I suspect that the level of detail for such
procedural rules will be too much for consensus based consideration within
the CCWG.

3)      [A related concern with the procedural rules - are they "golden"
procedural rules, or can the IRP modify them as it sees fit?].

4)      Given this, I suspect that the right way to proceed is to put the
high level chartering definition directly in the Bylaws with a reference to
"Appendix A - IRP Procedures."   How those Procedures are adopted is an open
question - by the CCWG prior to the transition?  By WP2 as a
"recommendation" to the new IRP?  By either as a "golden" appendix?   Will
revision have to go through the new "Community Council?"

a.      To be clear, I fully agree we need to set procedural parameters -
I'm just not sure how to achieve that within the context of what we are
doing now ...

5)      Finally, kudos to Becky.  Great presentation!

Cheers

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

Red Branch Consulting, PLLC

509 C St. NE

Washington, DC 20002

paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
<mailto:paul.rosenzweigesq at redbranchconsulting.com>

O: +1 (202) 547-0660

M: +1 (202) 329-9650

VOIP: +1 (202) 738-1739

Skype: paul.rosenzweig1066

www.redbranchconsulting.com <http://www.redbranchconsulting.com/>

www.paulrosenzweigesq.com <http://www.paulrosenzweigesq.com/>

Link to my PGP Key
<http://www.redbranchconsulting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl
e&id=19&Itemid=9>

<http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us15/register?utm_source=inhouse&utm_me
dium=email&utm_campaign=signature-us2015>