[WP2] IRP provider appointment Was: updated documents from this morning

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Wed Jul 29 10:25:01 UTC 2015

Becky,

These papers looks very good, and shows how much we have achieved. We
seem to be just about done, so congratulations.

I can find on the paper just one note of disagreement still being
recorded, relating to the appointment of the IRP Provider.

* Greg had proposed that the appointment process be conducted by ICANN
and the community jointly.

* I had said I thought that this was likely to be unworkable, and that
it would be sufficient to have ICANN consult the community on the terms
of the tender process, but selection itself should be by ICANN.

Where did we get to on this? I remember a back-and-forth between me and
Greg on this list, but don't remember it being discussed by the group.

-> If it hasn't been decided by WP2 collectively, may I ask that you
test the group's opinion as to whether they prefer my approach or Greg's?

-> If it has been decided and I just missed it, and the collective view
was to prefer Greg's proposal, you may remove the footnote noting my
disagreement: it is not my view that this is such a serious issue that I
would want to preserve my objection as a minority statement to go into
the Final Report for Public Comment.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929