[WP2] IRP provider appointment Was: updated documents from this morning

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Wed Jul 29 13:05:07 UTC 2015

On 29/07/2015 13:47, Burr, Becky wrote:
> I¹m not sure - I thought the notion of a tender to be approved by the
> community was settled a while ago.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to reopen it. I just saw the note there, and
didn't remember it being settled.

> That said, I¹d be ok with approval by
> the WS2 subgroup, which will be assisted by experts, etc.  Your
> recommendation is that ICANN select the provider.  So that is the question
> for the group
>
> Alt 1.  IRP provider selected by ICANN
> Alt 2.  IRP provider selected by ICANN and approved by community
> Alt 3.  IRP provider selected by ICANN and WS2 subgroup

> Thoughts?

My preference was closer to "IRP provider selected by ICANN: selection
criteria approved by community". But content with Alt 2 if that's the
collective view of WP2.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929