[WP2] updated documents from this morning

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jul 29 14:01:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

One smal typos in the mission document

> .  Others felt that this issue should be address in Work Stream 1.

should be addressed.

Also the fact that the 'compromise' avoids inserting any mention of
human rights impact analysis in the bylaws as part WS1 is still a major
deficit in my mind.  I beleive that given our consensus commitment to
human rights as stated in the paper, this is the least we can do and
does not involve invovle careful consideration.  In fact the output of
such impact analyses would be the sort of information WS2 will need for
doing its 'careful consideration'.  Anyone who has read the report that
Holly made available should realize how small and uncontroversial this
action is in the scope of actions we could be taking were we actually
committing ourselves to adherence to human rights concerns within
ICANN's mission.

I had understood that during a segment of a meeting I missed there had
been a decision to register a question on inclusion of a minimal human
rights impact analysis clause in the bylaws the next release.  Is that
still to be expected?  Or does that depend on the existence of a
minority report?

Thanks

avri