[WP2] Lawyers markup of IRP checklist

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Thu Jul 30 14:23:35 UTC 2015

On 30/07/2015 14:53, Burr, Becky wrote:
> Ok, do you object to publishing the checklist as a highlights document?

In the report, or just as background materials on the CCWG site?
The latter, of course I have no objection.

But I don't think it belongs in the final published report: it's not in
the correct format, and may give a misleading impression as to the
totality of our work, either as to its content or our priorities. It was
just a snapshot at a point in time.

> J. Beckwith Burr
> Neustar, Inc. / Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
> 1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006
> Office: + 1.202.533.2932  Mobile:  +1.202.352.6367  /
> becky.burr at neustar.biz / www.neustar.biz
>

> On 7/30/15, 8:24 AM, "Malcolm Hutty" <malcolm at linx.net> wrote:
>
>> Becky,
>>
>> I'm surprised to see the lawyers working on this "Checklist", surely
>> this document was just a working document, and not intended for
>> inclusion in the final report?
>>
>> Do I mistake your intention?
>>
>> I have just seen the wiki page for building the final report
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_p
>> ages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D53783460&d=AwIF-g&c=MOptNlVtIETeDALC_lULrw
>> &r=62cJFOifzm6X_GRlaq8Mo8TjDmrxdYahOP8WDDkMr4k&m=q4Ixib85lRk7msOyZx0knoI8_
>> 8b7kOOW4k7joT9uOBM&s=HaYn6AtyGfXg3H_FBdoLo0BWJaOeCiv770giH0CLZSo&e=
>>
>> This also lists this checklist as the WP2's input to the report on the
>> IRP.
>>
>> I was hoping to see the attached draft bylaws "28 July Independent
>> Review Bylaw BB compilation" (or any successor draft) listed there
>> instead.
>>
>> Please could you confirm that that is your intention?
>>
>> Could you please submit this document and ask the staff to update this
>> wiki asap?
>>
>> We do not want people to start challenging our input to the final paper
>> on the grounds it hasn't been made available to the CCWG plenary in time.
>>
>> For the record, I do not regard the Checklist document as complete,
>> either in terms of being comprehensive as to the issues we have
>> addressed in the other document, nor in terms of containing sufficient
>> detail.
>>
>> We're getting very close to the Chair's intended freeze date, and not
>> having text visibly submitted, and having the lawyer's working on
>> something else, is making me nervous. We don't have the time to allow
>> misunderstandings to develop at this stage.
>>
>> Malcolm.
>>

>> On 30/07/2015 12:24, Burr, Becky wrote:
>>> I have gone through the changes proposed by counsel.  Most of them are
>>> wording changes and not objectionable from my perspective.  There is one
>>> substantive addition on independence introduced in the qualifications
>>> section.  We have not discussed this and I think it is addressed in the
>>> current checklist, so I propose not to take that change.  Any other
>>> thoughts on this?
>>>

>>> J. Beckwith Burr
>>>
>>> *Neustar, Inc. /* Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
>>>
>>> 1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006
>>>
>>> Office: + 1.202.533.2932  Mobile:
>>> +1.202.352.6367  / becky.burr at neustar.biz
>>> <mailto:becky.burr at neustar.biz> / www.neustar.biz

>>> jDmrxdYahOP8WDDkMr4k&m=q4Ixib85lRk7msOyZx0knoI8_8b7kOOW4k7joT9uOBM&s=6DDi

--
 London Internet Exchange | http://publicaffairs.linx.net/