[Wp4] Welcome to WP4

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:04:40 UTC 2015

+1 on this as well. We need to let it be clear that ICANN is a technical
organisation. I don't think HR is hard-coded in other ICANN related
organisation's governing documents; Not for the RIRs and most likely not
for IETF as well. However, those organisations have ensured to put in place
rules/guidelines that respect the rights of its members and community. I
can also guess many ccTLD don't even have human rights of its nation
included in its governing documents yet some of them has been as inclusive
and respective of those rights as much as possible in their processes.

For an HR novice like me, I expect the experts on this topic would ensure
to avoid formalising HR in a manner that would further expose the
organisation to a more bureaucratic environment far beyond what it is
already into.

Looking forward to the discussions.

Regards