[Wp4] WP4 Deliverable: Elaborating an ICANN Commitment to Human RIghts

Schaefer, Brett Brett.Schaefer at heritage.org
Tue Nov 3 02:11:07 UTC 2015

Greg, Niels, Tatiana, and Matthew,

I know this was a quick turn around, but you did an excellent job!

I will note that the section on mentioning specific human rights is questionable. "One cannot selectively mention, emphasize or apply human rights because they are universal, indivisible, interdependent and interrelated"? I know the UN says this, but reality says otherwise. My quibble aside, well done.

Best,

Brett

Brett Schaefer
Jay Kingham Senior Research Fellow in International Regulatory Affairs
Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy
The Heritage Foundation
214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-608-6097