[Wp4] CCWG - WP4 Poll on referencing existing documents

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:21:39 UTC 2015

Ram,

There's an implicit assumption in your email that I would like to
challenge.  I would tend to disagree with the implicit assumption that the
CCWG only represents the "names community."  You may be conflating the CCWG
with the CWG-Stewardship, which was set up to represent the names
community.  The CCWG was not chartered in the same fashion and should not
be viewed as merely the voice of the "names community."

This line of argument opens another can of worms, or perhaps merely another
front in the Board's attack on the representativeness of the community.  It
could be extended to virtually any actions by the CCWG.  The end result is
a suggestion that the entire Accountability Proposal should be run through
the IETF and RIRs.  That concerns me greatly.

Greg