[Wp4] Agenda for our call

Schaefer, Brett Brett.Schaefer at heritage.org
Fri Oct 30 14:15:29 UTC 2015

Greg,

I think this is a helpful addition. I think your final three questions are key:

·         What does this bylaw accomplish?

·         Will ICANN’s approach to policy development and implementation change in any way?

·         Will this have any effect on ICANN as a corporation, including as an employer and as a purchaser of goods and services?

They are very similar to the questions I asked Niels earlier this week. I would add one more: “What are we trying to achieve and what is necessary to achieve it?”

Perhaps just adding a 12th point to the core values in Section 2 of the bylaws would be sufficient, e.g.:

Section 2. CORE VALUES

In performing its mission, the following core values should guide the decisions and actions of ICANN:

12. In its operations, ICANN will respect internationally recognized human rights.

Best,

Brett