[Ws2-diversity] Corrected: Notes, recordings and transcript for Diversity Subgroup Meeting #17 | 6 April 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Apr 6 20:16:29 UTC 2017

Corrected notes – apology for last call’s notes on previous email.

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Diversity Subgroup Meeting #17 – 6 April 2017 will be available here:   https://community.icann.org/x/_r-RAw

A copy of the action items and notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer, Projects & Operations Assistant
Multistakeholder Strategy & Strategic Initiatives (MSSI)
[cid:image001.png at 01D2AEE8.C4023390]

 Action Items:

·         Staff - Given the time left in the year we would appreciate receiving a service as soon as possible and would ask staff to advise if the lead time to provide either services is the same.

·         GAC underserved regions working group - provide an update on their work and questionnaire to the Diversity sub-group ASAP.
Notes (includes relevant text from chat):
12 participants at start of call
1. Roll call
2. Review of action items
•   Fiona Asonga – to write to Co-Chairs requesting publication of the questionnaire per the decisions on this.(completed).
(discussion around publishing the questionnaire to the general public.)
Fiona Asonga - Questionnaire only to SOACs - including sub-groups? (none opposed)
Decision – The Diversity questionnaire will only be sent to the Board, SOACs and other relevant groups within ICANN.
•   Fiona Asonga – to write to drafting group to clean up current draft to begin work with the objective of completing a first draft for public comment by ICANN59. (completed)
3. Status of Interpretation request
Fiona Asonga - There has been a response to our request with two options. Interpretation or captioning in the requested languages.
Action Item – Staff - Given the time left in the year we would appreciate receiving a service as soon as possible and would ask staff to advise if the lead time to provide either services is the same. Once staff has reported on this the co-rapporteurs will make the decision for group (none opposed).
4. Progress of draft report
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l2cGcx8nNvYSg_ZMUVnoC2t0VKb4ATQVTXxcxYILrXc/edit[docs.google.com]
Fiona Asonga - Presentation of the latest version of the draft report. Would ask everyone to read through it so we can have a more substantive discussion on the content on our next call.
5- AOB
Action Item - GAC underserved regions working group - provide an update on their work and questionnaire to the Diversity sub-group ASAP.
Fiona Asonga - Adjourned.
 Decisions:

·         The Diversity questionnaire will only be sent to the Board, SOACs and other relevant groups within ICANN.
Documents Presented

·         WS2 DIVERSITY REPORT – Draft V2.pdf<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/64077818/WS2%20DIVERSITY%20REPORT%20%E2%80%93%20Draft%20V2.pdf?version=2&modificationDate=1491487648000&api=v2>