[Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

Dr. Mona Al-achkar JAbbour maj_aj at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:31:04 UTC 2017

I totally agree with Mr. Tijani.

________________________________
From: ws2-diversity-bounces at icann.org <ws2-diversity-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Tijani BEN JEMAA <tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:35 AM
To: avri at acm.org
Cc: ws2-diversity at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

Thank you Avri for summarizing the discussion on skills in the Diversity Sub-Group.

I agree that diversity requirement should not prevail over skills or experience requirements.
But I don’t think that skills and experience are elements of diversity, and find this concept dangerous for the diversity; In fact, as everyone knows, skills and experience are mostly present in the north and if they are taken as elements of diversity, the whole diversity will be flooded and we will end up with the same case of a large majority from the north and almost none from the south.

In my opinion, the choice should be done according to the skill and experience without using very narrow criteria, and in the pool of those skilled persons, we have to apply the diversity rules.

Tijani BEN JEMAA
Executive Director
Phone: +216 98 330 114
            +216 52 385 114