[Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Thu Feb 23 14:29:11 UTC 2017

On 23/02/2017 13:30, avri doria wrote:
> I think your understanding of quota differs from mine.

My understanding of "hard quota", as applied to (for example) selection
to a committee, is that if the committee does not currently meet the
quota and a seat comes up, only people whose selection would contribute
towards meeting the quota are eligible for consideration.

If yours differs, I would be interested to know in what way. However,
since hard quotas are not included in the report, I am more concerned
with getting answers to the questions I put to the group as a whole.

> When the
> majority do not include diversity, quota are often the only solution.
> It by no means prevents those with the majority aspects from being included.

I read that as a proposed justification, rather than a proposed
alternative definition.

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           Monument Place, 24 Monument Street London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929