[Ws2-diversity] Draft 01 Diversity Report

avri doria avri at apc.org
Thu Feb 23 21:19:16 UTC 2017

On 23-Feb-17 12:39, Malcolm Hutty wrote:
> I would like to see a clear commitment that discrimination on the
> grounds of race, sex, etc should not be tolerated at ICANN.

1. i am comfortable with that as long as we also include sexual
orientation and gender expression.

2. we should remember that this is good but not enough (necessary but
not sufficinet), as i could fill the broadest diversity of skill,
experience,  race, gender, national origin, sexual preference, and
gender orientation without ever leaving  NYC.  I think that regional
diversity is also critical and that needs to be mandated.

As for quotas , I said I was not recommending them at this time.  But
what I have seen with gender discrimination, let alone regional
discrimination in some parts of ICANN does inspire me to want to
introduce gender and regional quotas.  of what ever race or sexual
expression.

avri

---