[Ws2-diversity] Diversity relevance on WS2 Diversity Draft Report

marienoemie.marques at orange.com marienoemie.marques at orange.com
Thu Jun 1 11:26:15 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Many thanks Renata, for adding the comments to the doc. “Extensive” versus “Right” may be discussed collectively, as the community may prefer efficiency, rather than exhaustivity … I suppose that this should be a matter for consensus in the end.

Point 2  - CEO should ensure diversity –
As “Diversity within ICANN is important in ensuring a comprehensive representation of the global Internet community”, such a recognition shall be endorsed by the CEO, or at least by the Board of ICANN. If Diversity is not endorsed at the highest level of the organization, there is a real risk of unsuccessfulness. Therefore, this responsibility shall be taken at the CEO level, or collectively at the Board level, if you understand that it would be more efficient and acceptable by the whole community.

Point 3 - Specific targets
Yes I understand this is not an easy proposal, but I suggest to propose this for discussion, so that SO/AC/groups express their views and / or proposals. Such a task could be given to the Office of Diversity [eg in future headed by the CEO/Board ☺], as its role should not be limited to measuring Diversity.

The WS2 Diversity Report shall be considered as a first step to promoting Diversity, allowing for the creation of an Office of Diversity, whose responsibilities, tasks, organization and role will need to be defined / enhanced at a later stage.

Kind regards,
Marie-Noémie