[Ws2-hr] New Draft Text for FoI

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Tue Oct 4 19:04:21 UTC 2016

Jorge,
I agree with you and in fact it appears to me that ICANN Legal has responded that this HR commitment carries a good deal of weight.  At present, we are very far from a “fact-based approach”.    I have been trying to get the subteam to focus on actual activities of ICANN and Paul McGrady has been trying to get the subteam to focus on the obligations that concern “applicable law”.  In both cases, to little avail.  This is unfortunate because it causes us to lose time.   However, forcing Ruggie Principles language into the draft FOI is not a substitute for the fact-based approach you describe.

The language inserted by Niels is definitely not agreed – as can be readily seen from the list.
Anne

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese

Of Counsel

520.629.4428 office