[Ws2-hr] Proposed Agenda for call September 13 1900 UTC - interpretative tools to Ruggie and business and HR

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Wed Sep 21 08:49:00 UTC 2016

Dear all

I’m resending this info to the HR WG as it perhaps was lost in the flood of emails.

I feel many of our debates could be more fruitful and fact-based if we had a look at this document when talking about the UN Guiding Principles (Ruggie Principles) and they should be listed as reference material:

·         The "interpretative guide" of the Ruggie principles:  http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/Business/RtRInterpretativeGuide.pdf

In addition, I also think that the following document could help understand the relation between specific HR and business activities:

·         “Human Rights Translated: A Business Reference Guide”, which provides a range of examples under each human right http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/globalization/business/docs/Human_Rights_Translated_web.pdf

dear Niels: I would appreciate you taking up these docs as reference material

best regards

jorge