[Ws2-hr] Proposed agenda meeting September 27 - 19:00 UTC

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Tue Sep 27 16:03:39 UTC 2016

I agree with Greg that our sub-team’s role does not reach to consideration of an ethical code of ICANN.

Our job, as I see it, is a narrow one - to develop a framework of interpretation relating to a bylaw (Article 1.2(b)(viii)) that basically says that ICANN will respect internationally recognized human rights as required by applicable law – and that provision will apply only so long as such respect is within ICANN’s mission and core values.

The bylaw, in part, specifically provides: “This Core Value does not create, and shall not be interpreted to create, any obligation on ICANN outside its Mission, or beyond obligations found in applicable law.”

David

David McAuley
International Policy Manager
Verisign Inc.