[Ws2-hr] Proposed agenda meeting 31 - August 8 19:00 UTC

Dr. Tatiana Tropina t.tropina at mpicc.de
Tue Aug 8 16:21:08 UTC 2017

Thanks, Bastiaan,

I don't think the reference is really that meaningless as we were trying
to get some consensus language that will mention Ruggie and provide a
hint that ICANN the org might consider them as we probably won't reach
consensus on the issue whether ICANN should commit to them (plus we
don't have mandate for this).

I also wonder where this "offer remediation" language came from. We
haven't discuss anything like this on the call, and I will strongly
object this. Again, in my opinion it's not in the mandate of this group
to tell ICANN the org whether it should offer remediation and to use
this language as it is (1) vague (2) therefore borders with enforcement
(3) related to implementation, not interpretation.

Niels, could you please tell us where the remediation is coming from as
I don't recall any suggestions like that on the last call?

Cheers,

Tanya