[Ws2-hr] Proposed Agenda FIRST READING considerations document March 21 19:00 UTC

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 22:36:30 UTC 2017

It seems appropriate to discuss the call we had (since it happened).  I
don't believe she was a "UN representative" per se, but she (Anita
Ramasastry (?)) had some relationship to the UN.  (Unfortunately, I don't
believe it was recorded, and I assume that none of us who were there have
perfect recall, given mental overload, sleep deprivation, etc., but that's
life.)

 I would be opposed to any plan to submit any of our documents to Prof.
Ramasastry before finalizing and submitting them to the CCWG.  She can
always comment in the Public Comment period.  But we shouldn't privilege
any non-participant in this manner.  This is particularly the case since
the current draft essentially makes no recommendation regarding the
application (or not) of Ruggie in any operationalization* of the Bylaw.
Thus it seems unnecessary, as well as inappropriate.

Greg

 *(I use "operationalization" to avoid confusion with "implementation",
which typically is used in ICANN-land to refer to post-policy development
implementation of a policy.  What we are referring to here is
"implementing"/operationalization a Bylaw through policy development or
through the modification of a policy development process.)

*Greg Shatan *C: 917-816-6428
S: gsshatan
Phone-to-Skype: 646-845-9428
gregshatanipc at gmail.com