[Ws2-jurisdiction] Proposed Additional Question

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Mon Dec 5 06:58:55 UTC 2016

Paul Rosenzweig <paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com> [2016-12-04
12:35:55 -0500]:
> And everyone – as I’ve said before, I think this question is speculative and not necessary at all.  I would therefore continue to oppose adding it for the good and sufficient reason that moving ICANN’s corporate headquarters has, repeatedly, been deemed beyond the limited scope of this WG and for the equally good reason that only a small, vocal minority support further consideration of this question.

I do not understand this objection.  When was a vote taken on this?
Each time I brought up the issue of ICANN's corporate headquarters
during WS1, I was told that the appropriate time for that was during
WS2.  Now that possibility is being close too, just as I had predicted here:

http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/jurisdiction-the-taboo-topic-at-icann

I add my voice to that of the "small, vocal minority".

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society
sip:pranesh at ostel.co | xmpp:pranesh at cis-india.org
https://twitter.com/pranesh