[Ws2-jurisdiction] Request (in preparation for substantive discussion of proposed issues and proposed solutions)

Thiago Braz Jardim Oliveira thiago.jardim at itamaraty.gov.br
Sat Aug 19 11:05:03 UTC 2017

Dear Greg,
Dear All,

Mindful of the constraints of time, and with a view to advancing towards a final report around which consensus might form, may I request that participants who are generally opposed to granting ICANN immunity provide examples of ICANN’s activities that they believe should continue to be subject to the normal operation of national laws?

I am sure we can benefit from the expertise of many participants in the subgroup, and would recall in this respect an email sent by Mike Rodenbaugh on 21 June 2017, who admittedly is “one who fights ICANN in many legal matters, on behalf of clients from all over the world”. Mike said he would like to “have a chance to refute such thinking [that ICANN should be immune from national courts] with real-world examples that have already happened or all still ongoing.” http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ws2-jurisdiction/2017-June/001149.html

Best regards,

Thiago