[Ws2-jurisdiction] CCWG-Accountability-WS2-Jurisdiction-Meeting Scheduled for Wednesday 2 August 1300

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Mon Jul 31 18:39:37 UTC 2017

Indeed, we should not have meetings on the national holiday of any nation.  Here is a helpful list for August: http://www.officeholidays.com/2017/08.php

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

 <mailto:paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com> paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com

O: +1 (202) 547-0660

M: +1 (202) 329-9650

VOIP: +1 (202) 738-1739

 <http://www.redbranchconsulting.com/> www.redbranchconsulting.com

My PGP Key:  <https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9A830097CA066684> https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9A830097CA066684

From: ws2-jurisdiction-bounces at icann.org [mailto:ws2-jurisdiction-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Kavouss Arasteh
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 2:12 PM
To: Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>; León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>; Thomas Rickert <rickert at anwaelte.de>; Bernard Turcotte <turcotte.bernard at gmail.com>
Cc: ACCT-Staff <acct-staff at icann.org>; ws2-jurisdiction <ws2-jurisdiction at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Ws2-jurisdiction] CCWG-Accountability-WS2-Jurisdiction-Meeting Scheduled for Wednesday 2 August 1300

Dear Bernard,

It is a pity that SAM Unfortunately cannot join our Wednesday 2 August 1300 meeting but could participate on Tuesday 1 August 1300 to cover the topics of OFAC and Choice of Law from the ICANN perspective.

However, tomorrow 01 August is the National Holiday in Switzerland and must be respected by all means. See Below

The Swiss National Day is the  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Day> national holiday of  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland> Switzerland, set on 1 August. It has been an official national holiday since 1994 , although the day had been used for the celebration of the foundation of the Swiss Confederacy for the first time in 1891, and then repeated annually since 1899. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_National_Day#cite_note-1> 1]

The date is inspired by the date of the  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Charter_of_1291> Federal Charter of 1291, Pacte du Grutli, placed in "early August", <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_National_Day#cite_note-2> [2] when "three Alpine cantons swore the oath of confederation" (Schwyz, Uri and Unterwald), an action which later came to be regarded as the foundation of Switzerland." <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_National_Day#cite_note-swissworld-3> [3]  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed> needed]

The Federal Charter of 1291 first assumed great importance in a report by the  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Department_of_Home_Affairs> Federal Department of Home Affairs of 21 November 1889, suggesting a celebration in  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bern> Bern in 1891 that would combine the city's 700th anniversary with the Confederacy's 600th anniversary.[ <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed> citation needed]

I remember, we did not have any meeting on 4TH July as we respected the National Holiday of American.

I therefore have serious difficulties to accept the shift of the meeting from 02 to 01 August disrespecting the national holiday of a respectful nation

Pls move the meeting back to 02 August

Regards

Kavouss