[Ws2-jurisdiction] Potential Position Alternatives - Scope and Focus

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 22:09:33 UTC 2017

Thiago,

Thank you for your email and suggested edits.  We'll see what support there
is for these edits vs. the original phrasings arrived at on last week's
call.  I would observe that the original phrasings were developed in an
attempt to find somewhat of a middle ground that could gain support from
disparate members of the Subgroup.

We'll also have to see what support there is for your arguments that
choosing an option in Table I is not necessary or appropriate.  There are
certainly some who agree with you, and then there are clearly others who
disagree. By the way, I note your arguments are procedural. It would be
helpful to understand your substantive concerns as well.  I don't
understand where you believe that "conflation" is occurring or how it would
mislead some.  In any event, I think the contrasting approaches are clear
and should not mislead anyone.

Best regards,

Greg