[Ws2-jurisdiction] Question Presented

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Mon Jun 19 16:18:45 UTC 2017

I think you are wrong.

It's totally clear to me that moving ICANN's place of incorporation to
England, and reincorporating as a company limited by guarantee, having
Members (who can be legal as well as natural persons) would be a far
superior model. Let me think of an example . .. ah yes, Nominet UK!

However, is the actually perceived gain worth the effort? Well, I rather
doubt it.  And there'd be opposition.

So why not make the best of what we have??

And if the gedankenexperiment of moving to London doesn't work, then
it's not going to work for Istanbul, Cairo, Singapore or even Brussels
or Zurich. (Much as I'd like the excuse to visit Singapore regularly.)