[Ws2-jurisdiction] Question Presented

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 16:44:20 UTC 2017

Milton,

I actually agree with you, up to a point.  The slide you refer to was a
strawman and a jumping-off point for discussion.  By the second call, last
week, we had moved away from that slide and from discussing the issue in
terms of scope.  The CCWG Co-Chairs instead framed the issue around the
question "what will get sufficient traction in the group" vs. subjects that
will not get sufficient traction, and thus would not lead to a consensus
recommendation.

However, I don't think this was an instance of anyone preempting a
discussion, much less dishonestly.  As noted, no issues have been
foreclosed by the Co-Chair's decision, which is aligned with your point #2
-- the "lack of traction" for recommending changes to ICANN's corporate
status. I hope that everyone is interested in substantive debate, and I
hope to see plenty of it in this group in the coming weeks.

Best regards,

Greg