[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: ISSUE: Positive Effect of CA Law on ICANN Operation and Accountability Mechanisms since Transition

Brian Scarpelli BScarpelli at actonline.org
Sat Sep 2 19:21:51 UTC 2017

Thiago, I completely disagree with your depiction of my issue proposal, and characterizing it as an "admission" is, at best, disingenuous. You also appear to be implying that my proposal is outside of our remit (because, apparently unlike you, I did not "abide[] by the guideline (proposed by the rapporteur) to identify as specifically as possible what are ICANN's activities that should be immune from US jurisdiction") which I strongly disagree with. I will say that I agree with your statement on this list on 8/21 that "we should be in the business of recommending solutions that satisfy ICANN's "Accountability" goals as defined under the Charter of W2", and I am putting my proposal forward to do exactly that based on the history and realities off ICANN and accountability - not hypotheticals.

Brian

Brian Scarpelli
Senior Policy Counsel
517-507-1446 | bscarpelli at actonline.org