[Ws2-jurisdiction] Response Requested: Proposed Changes to OFAC Recommendation

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 04:01:08 UTC 2017

Kavouss,

If I may, I'd like to return to two observations I made earlier in this
thread, since I believe they apply to your latest email:

*Opposition/non-support won't be eliminated by request; it needs to be
eliminated by persuading the other person to see things differently so that
their underlying position changes*

*The positions in a Working Group (or Subgroup) Report need to be the
consensus (aka rough consensus) of the Subgroup, not the views of any one
participant.*

I'll make one more observation:

We should presume that a participant's opposition/non-support of a position
is based on a substantive, thoughtful difference in views, rather than
"*defending
your own country's interest," at least when it comes to private sector
participants.  *Painting any disagreement as a partisan squabble
substantially *reduces* the likelihood that consensus will be reached.

I hope this will help the Subgroup's exchange of views and decision-making.

Best regards,

Greg