[Ws2-ombudsman] FW: [Ext] Re: Ombudsman Assessment: RFP Overview

Herb Waye herb.waye at icann.org
Wed Dec 21 16:01:42 UTC 2016

I have reviewed the document and the comments so far. I see nothing that jumps out at me that conflicts with my role or framework. In official documents, I refer to the Office as the Office of Ombudsman as it is identified in the Bylaws. I will keep an eye open for the final draft before it goes back to Lars.

Regards all… Herb

Herb Waye
ICANN Ombudsman

https://www.icann.org/ombudsman
https://www.facebook.com/ICANNOmbudsman
Twitter: @IcannOmbudsman

ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior:
https://www.icann.org/sites/default/files/assets/expected-standards-22aug16-en.pdf

Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.  The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a complaint