[Ws2-ombudsman] Ombudsman Assessment

Herb Waye herb.waye at icann.org
Mon Feb 13 13:46:23 UTC 2017

Greetings all… I got held up and when I signed on the meeting was over… I’ll catch up in the minutes. Sebastien if there is anything urgent just fire me off an email. Thanks Herb

Herb Waye
ICANN Ombudsman

https://www.icann.org/ombudsman
https://www.facebook.com/ICANNOmbudsman
Twitter: @IcannOmbudsman

ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior:
https://www.icann.org/sites/default/files/assets/expected-standards-22aug16-en.pdf

Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.  The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a complaint