[Ws2-so_ac] ccNSO survey on accountability

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Thu Jul 28 00:39:41 UTC 2016

On Jul 19, 2016, at 10:14 AM, Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> With permission from the ccNSO, I am sharing two links related to the recent survey conducted on the ccNSO’s accountability. Results were discussed in Helsinki. I think this example can be a useful input for this group.
>
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-MCSN6TQT/ <https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-MCSN6TQT/>
> http://ccnso.icann.org/meetings/helsinki56/accountability-survey-results-30jun16-en.pdf <http://ccnso.icann.org/meetings/helsinki56/accountability-survey-results-30jun16-en.pdf>
Mathieu -

    If I understand the survey, it was focused on the ccNSO community’s
    views of the ccNSO Council’s accountability to that community, without
    any reference to specific accountability performance standards?  (for
    example - “Has the ccNSO Council administrated and coordinated the
    affairs of the ccNSO in accordance with article IX off the ICANN bylaws”,
    or “Has the operation of the ccNSO Council resulted in ccNSO decision
    making occurring in a manner open and transparent to the ccNSO
    community?"

    I do believe that the survey is very useful, and I am simply trying better
    understand its purpose so as to compare it to the work of this subgroup.
    I guess if I were to categorize the survey, I would label it as a “community
    satisfaction” survey - is that what we mean by "SO/AC accountability?”

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimer: my views alone - hold no other party accountable for same.