[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Meeting #50 - 25 August

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Aug 25 13:18:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

It has to do with the results from a SCWG.  Which while defined in some
detail in ANNEX L (page 198 of the ICG proposal), also refers  to the
CCWG model.

- the use of remediation as determined in the CCWG if the Board rejects
an IFR recommendation for a SCWG
- the approval of a SCWG determined new operator selection

Beyond that there needs to be the fundamental bylaw that refers to both
the IFR and the SCWG.  I think that is an implementation issue.

One thing I had forgotten about is the statement & conditional footnote
in the CWG proposal that says:

> The selection of a new operator to perform the IANA Naming Functions
> or other separation process will be subject to approval by the ICANN
> Board, and a community mechanism derived from the CCWG-Accountability
> process.83
> 83 This community mechanism could include ICANN membership, if ICANN
> were to become a membership organization per the CCWG-Accountability
> work efforts.

We have not included this among the community powers of the SMCM.

avri