[CCWG-ACCT] Responses to questions from Jones Day

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Sun Feb 8 05:15:21 UTC 2015

> On 8 Feb 2015, at 13:03, Burr, Becky <Becky.Burr at neustar.biz> wrote:
>
> The questions and answers are interesting as advocacy but cannot be considered legal advice for our work

They are however helpful in that they point up potential difficulties that may be relevant to certain meta issues we will have to consider, such as timescales, and what level of commitment constitutes "firmly committed to". e.g. If we alight upon something that we know ICANN's lawyers consider impossible under the current waythe company is constituted, we may feel the need for an especially strong level of commitment that would encompass commitment to making more radical changes to make the proposal possible. We might also expect some delay in implementation. This may also have a knock on effect on integration of our proposals with CWG Stewardship proposals too.