[CCWG-ACCT] What Board We Want?

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Sun Feb 8 05:34:33 UTC 2015

Hi Eberhard,

To recap what was said in the meeting (sorry if I slightly distort):
- Mike Silber asked whether our group had considered the queston of what
Board we want
- Thomas and I responded 1) that our Charter did not specifically
include reviewing the way the Board functioned 2) that we had to
consider the possibility of the Board dysfunctioning in the future.
- Jonathan clarified it later in a much better way than we did (but I
can't exactly remember how).

Eberhard, you are obviously holding us accountable to what we said. Fair
enough.

I see two ways this was addressed in our group so far :-
- through the Charter, which mentions our scope and goals
- in our F2F in Frankfurt : Sébastien Bachollet mentioned "enhance the
way the Board and SO/AC are working" in the mindmap discussion. This
item was not flagged as WS1.

Hope this clarifies.

Best
Mathieu

Le 08/02/2015 12:03, Dr Eberhard W Lisse a écrit :
> Dear Co-Chairs,
>
> I am somewhat confused by the response by Thomas Rickert and Mathieu
> Weill 9and in particular Johnathan Zuck's remarks) to Mike Silber's
> question what type of Board we want (in the context of the
> CCWG-Accountability).
>
> Can you please point me to the the notes where we have discussed
> this?  I have missed 2 calls, could have been then.  Otherwise I
> only recall that I have mentioned this very issue in the context of
> adding additional layers of bureaucracy instead of fixing the Bord.
>
> greetings, el

Mathieu WEILL
AFNIC - directeur général
Tél: +33 1 39 30 83 06