[CCWG-ACCT] Report on Legal sub-team meeting

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Tue Feb 10 06:56:38 UTC 2015

Dear all,

A group of CCWG members today met with Jones Day attorney Kevin Espinola along with some ICANN staff to discuss the memo from Jones Day circulated earlier this week.

The discussion explored the issues in the memo, and in particular explored the possibilities around the removal of Board members and available mechanisms for challenging board decisions, which were described as indeed being possible.

It's clear there is more exploration to be done and the accumulation of questions for independent legal advise to the CCWG continues. Today's discussion was useful and painted a more optimistic picture of options for ICANN accountability than a quick read of the memo might indicate.

We will continue to report on our work on a regular basis.

Best regards,

León