[CCWG-ACCT] Ombudsman and Stream 2

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Feb 11 05:30:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I just want to put in a place holder for discussion of the role of the
Ombudsman in the accountability chain.  ATRT2, recommended that the
Board look at his function and reconsider whether it "needs to be
expanded or otherwise revised". And by presumption, anything the Board
needs to look at, we need to look at.

The Ombudsman is one of the critical providers of ICANN accountability
and the transparency needed for accountability and we need to make sure
the role fits well in whatever new processes we recommend.  This is
especailly important in considering the function's independence: how is
that guaranteed and how best can it be utilized.

avri