[CCWG-ACCT] ccNSO session feedback on Accountability

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Wed Feb 11 09:33:39 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

In anticipation of tomorrow's meeting, here are a few items that were
discussed during the session held today in the ccNSO. During the meeting
tomorrow, we will ask the respective SO/AC to share a few items of their
respective group's feedback as well.

For the ccNSO, a few items :
- there was concern expressed that our group would add additional
layers, highlighting that evil would be in the details in that regard.
- the risk of creating a bureaucracy that would paralyze Icann was mentioned
- there was discussion regarding a contingency case where Icann would
redelegate a ccTLD outside of policy.
- some discussion took place regarding coordination with the CWG
- one of the panel members (which was comprised of the ccNSO members)
expressed his view that the group was getting in the wrong direction,
lost into details, and should simply stop and reconsider the approach.

The ccNSO members of the CCWG clarified how these items were taken on
board, and indicated these items would be relayed to the whole group.
Thanks to my fellow ccNSO members for their participation, as well as to
Becky who kindly agreed to moderate the panel.

Best,

--
Mathieu WEILL
mathieu.weill at afnic.fr